Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

DICE, please don't listen to all these whiners

Comments

  • jmgargoyle
    2047 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NoobikCZE wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    It forces you to play aspects of the game in ways you may not have normally. It is the one thing I feel dice has done right to help balance players abilities. Now if they could just get a handle on the team balance.....

    NoobikCZE wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    It forces you to play aspects of the game in ways you may not have normally. It is the one thing I feel dice has done right to help balance players abilities. Now if they could just get a handle on the team balance.....

    Let me ensure you it does not. I don't play for K/D, I play for fun. Sometimes when I don't feel like to play the objective, I just **** around and try new stuff. So for example shooting down an airplane with LMG or whatever weapon is noting new to me. Nor destroying buildings with limpet charges, that's always fun when enemy is in the building.


    "What comes out very clearly is that those assignments brings 0 points to better gameplay / teamplay. It just promotes chaotic behavior."

    Really? So I guess those 20 resupplies I need to do were for nothing? Or how about the revives? Or the repairs? Not all the assignments are bad for teamplay/work?There's obviously some teamwork involved when it encourages you to heal or revive or repair!? And by performing these assignments your building muscle memory due to the high numbers needed on some of them? By doing that, it makes the game more enjoyable the better you get? It's all in how you choose to look at things.
  • NoobikCZE
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    Really? So I guess those 20 resupplies I need to do were for nothing? Or how about the revives? Or the repairs? Not all the assignments are bad for teamplay/work?There's obviously some teamwork involved when it encourages you to heal or revive or repair!? And by performing these assignments your building muscle memory due to the high numbers needed on some of them? By doing that, it makes the game more enjoyable the better you get? It's all in how you choose to look at things.

    Yes and you chosen to ignore to main reason why people complain about new assignments. I didn't see a single complain about revives or repairs. Did you? Your reasoning is invalid...

  • jmgargoyle
    2047 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NoobikCZE wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    Really? So I guess those 20 resupplies I need to do were for nothing? Or how about the revives? Or the repairs? Not all the assignments are bad for teamplay/work?There's obviously some teamwork involved when it encourages you to heal or revive or repair!? And by performing these assignments your building muscle memory due to the high numbers needed on some of them? By doing that, it makes the game more enjoyable the better you get? It's all in how you choose to look at things.

    Yes and you chosen to ignore to main reason why people complain about new assignments. I didn't see a single complain about revives or repairs. Did you? Your reasoning is invalid...

    Because you say so right? Or do you not comprehend ingenuity and the effects of repeated motions in a game? All I keep hearing is "we dont wanna have to earn things. Gimmie gimmie" whine! If you dont like the assignments then dont freakin do the things? No need to, as it just unlocks more weapons that youll call trash anyways and complain about how much time it took you to do the assignment. It's always something! If your really intetested in the weapons/game, it shows by your willingness to do these type of things. If your unwilling, then you obviously arent really dedicated to the game/team/platoon anyways? If you can't understand, I don't know what else to tell you.
  • NoobikCZE
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    Because you say so right? Or do you not comprehend ingenuity and the effects of repeated motions in a game? All I keep hearing is "we dont wanna have to earn things. Gimmie gimmie" whine! If you dont like the assignments then dont freakin do the things? No need to, as it just unlocks more weapons that youll call trash anyways and complain about how much time it took you to do the assignment. It's always something! If your really intetested in the weapons/game, it shows by your willingness to do these type of things. If your unwilling, then you obviously arent really dedicated to the game/team/platoon anyways? If you can't understand, I don't know what else to tell you.

    Yup just create random connections and totally slide off the main topic. I show my willingness by doing medals, that's where silly assignments should be held imho.

  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NoobikCZE wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    Because you say so right? Or do you not comprehend ingenuity and the effects of repeated motions in a game? All I keep hearing is "we dont wanna have to earn things. Gimmie gimmie" whine! If you dont like the assignments then dont freakin do the things? No need to, as it just unlocks more weapons that youll call trash anyways and complain about how much time it took you to do the assignment. It's always something! If your really intetested in the weapons/game, it shows by your willingness to do these type of things. If your unwilling, then you obviously arent really dedicated to the game/team/platoon anyways? If you can't understand, I don't know what else to tell you.

    Yup just create random connections and totally slide off the main topic. I show my willingness by doing medals, that's where silly assignments should be held imho.

    Yep these goofy assignments should be for medals or dogtags.

    @jmgargoyle

    In what way do these assignments show your a dedicated team player, or support your platoon?
    Bit of a stretch, no?
  • jrmpt
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Assignments make dedicated team players?

    Happening in squads:
    Can I get a revive? Sorry no. I'm running Rifle Nade + Medic Pounch, you know, unlocks.
    Wtf, this squad don't have a medic. Sorry, I main medic, but I need shotguns kills.

    Bro, can you repair my tank? Mate, doing unlocks. Need to use the xbow.
    OK, but can you give ammo at least? No bro, I'm running the mortor.

    What's DICE achieved?
    Forcing the support classes (medic/support) to unlocks that make them to put aside the main tools and main function of the class.
    For medic unlock, you need to play other classes.



  • JediMastaWyn
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Meh, this thread just sounds like a spoiled child not getting his sweets unless he does his homework.
  • HotahX_O
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Meh, this thread just sounds like a spoiled child not getting his sweets unless he does his homework.


    Agree, Its full of spoiled children here that can't do some simple assignements.
  • xSha3nx
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HotahX_O wrote: »
    This "new" generation of Battlefield players seems to hate everything that requires a little challange, they want everything easely handed to them so they can feel skilled. You all saying that thesr new assignments and weapon unlocks are silly and impossible and based on luck and not skill... Bah. I say get good, use your brain and have patience. Killing planes with LMGs?? No problem.Getting kills with HE tripwire?? No problem. You might not get it in 1 day so what?? Patience. Imo these are to easy. I love a good old challange. Please make the next ones harder DICE.

    I love you. Yes, patience. So far, I have 10 locked guns to go... I am not in rush.
  • robmcewen
    1339 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    xSha3nx wrote: »
    HotahX_O wrote: »
    This "new" generation of Battlefield players seems to hate everything that requires a little challange, they want everything easely handed to them so they can feel skilled. You all saying that thesr new assignments and weapon unlocks are silly and impossible and based on luck and not skill... Bah. I say get good, use your brain and have patience. Killing planes with LMGs?? No problem.Getting kills with HE tripwire?? No problem. You might not get it in 1 day so what?? Patience. Imo these are to easy. I love a good old challange. Please make the next ones harder DICE.

    I love you. Yes, patience. So far, I have 10 locked guns to go... I am not in rush.

    I've got 7 to go, I'm going for the scout rifles next.
  • mythic_employee
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I remember the old days when devs didn't treat players like children and lock things behind any kind of wall, and left it completely up to the player to do what they will with the options available to them, which in turn allowed to the greatest variation and freedom to discover new things about the game.
  • bigynzing
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    jrmpt wrote: »
    Assignments make dedicated team players?

    Happening in squads:
    Can I get a revive? Sorry no. I'm running Rifle Nade + Medic Pounch, you know, unlocks.
    Wtf, this squad don't have a medic. Sorry, I main medic, but I need shotguns kills.

    Bro, can you repair my tank? Mate, doing unlocks. Need to use the xbow.
    OK, but can you give ammo at least? No bro, I'm running the mortor.

    What's DICE achieved?
    Forcing the support classes (medic/support) to unlocks that make them to put aside the main tools and main function of the class.
    For medic unlock, you need to play other classes.



    You need repair tool to do one of the unlocks..and if im honest i don't know anyone who runs the repair tool In thier normal gameplay. I've been running without the medical crate or pouch but still carry syringe to revive...so I'm actually putting myself at a disadvantage to help team mates...not everyone is a kd Hunter.
  • Bertominus_Rex
    1198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bigynzing wrote: »
    jrmpt wrote: »
    Assignments make dedicated team players?

    Happening in squads:
    Can I get a revive? Sorry no. I'm running Rifle Nade + Medic Pounch, you know, unlocks.
    Wtf, this squad don't have a medic. Sorry, I main medic, but I need shotguns kills.

    Bro, can you repair my tank? Mate, doing unlocks. Need to use the xbow.
    OK, but can you give ammo at least? No bro, I'm running the mortor.

    What's DICE achieved?
    Forcing the support classes (medic/support) to unlocks that make them to put aside the main tools and main function of the class.
    For medic unlock, you need to play other classes.



    You need repair tool to do one of the unlocks..and if im honest i don't know anyone who runs the repair tool In thier normal gameplay. I've been running without the medical crate or pouch but still carry syringe to revive...so I'm actually putting myself at a disadvantage to help team mates...not everyone is a kd Hunter.

    I always run repair tool + ammo pouches.
  • handsomebear89
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 14
    I think the problem for many people is that they only have up to one hour a day to grind these out. I personally unlocked all weapons within 3-4 days of the DLC being released but I don't find it hard to recognize that some of these assignments are incredibly grindy and counter fun for anyone who doesn't have 4+ hours a day to play the game.
    -
    On top of that even more frustration comes from these same players not having time to become above average at the game, skill wize.
    -
    Imagine having to spend the small amount of time you have to play using a weapon you don't find enjoyable and are bad at in order to unlock weapons in a DLC you payed for. Does this mean we shouldn't have challenging assignments? I don't think so, but maybe tie them to dogtags or skins or something other than access to guns.

    Cheers~

    Edit: I really don't see how "get good" is any kind of argument in this context. We have players in this community from all walks of life. If you only pander to the "good" players we'll be left with such an insignificant player base as to make the game virtually empty barring peak hours...
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Meh, this thread just sounds like a spoiled child not getting his sweets unless he does his homework.
    HotahX_O wrote: »
    Meh, this thread just sounds like a spoiled child not getting his sweets unless he does his homework.


    Agree, Its full of spoiled children here that can't do some simple assignements.

    Some people jobs, and some us have high stress jobs. I get a limited amount of time to play bf1, so I don't feel like running around with he tripwire mines and a sniper shield to unlock stuff. To me, a lot of these assignments aren't fun. I didn't complain in bf4 or bf3 because the assignments didn't seem this ridiculous (firestorm tower ****. was dumb, but that was about it).

    As far as calling people that don't like these assignments "children", that's rich coming from the way you've behaved in this thread @HotahX_O
  • HotahX_O
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Meh, this thread just sounds like a spoiled child not getting his sweets unless he does his homework.
    HotahX_O wrote: »
    Meh, this thread just sounds like a spoiled child not getting his sweets unless he does his homework.


    Agree, Its full of spoiled children here that can't do some simple assignements.

    Some people jobs, and some us have high stress jobs. I get a limited amount of time to play bf1, so I don't feel like running around with he tripwire mines and a sniper shield to unlock stuff. To me, a lot of these assignments aren't fun. I didn't complain in bf4 or bf3 because the assignments didn't seem this ridiculous (firestorm tower ****. was dumb, but that was about it).

    As far as calling people that don't like these assignments "children", that's rich coming from the way you've behaved in this thread @HotahX_O

    Truth always hurts.
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HotahX_O wrote: »
    Meh, this thread just sounds like a spoiled child not getting his sweets unless he does his homework.
    HotahX_O wrote: »
    Meh, this thread just sounds like a spoiled child not getting his sweets unless he does his homework.


    Agree, Its full of spoiled children here that can't do some simple assignements.

    Some people jobs, and some us have high stress jobs. I get a limited amount of time to play bf1, so I don't feel like running around with he tripwire mines and a sniper shield to unlock stuff. To me, a lot of these assignments aren't fun. I didn't complain in bf4 or bf3 because the assignments didn't seem this ridiculous (firestorm tower ****. was dumb, but that was about it).

    As far as calling people that don't like these assignments "children", that's rich coming from the way you've behaved in this thread @HotahX_O

    Truth always hurts.

    Sorry about that, it wasn't my intention to hurt your feelings. B)
  • bigynzing
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bigynzing wrote: »
    jrmpt wrote: »
    Assignments make dedicated team players?

    Happening in squads:
    Can I get a revive? Sorry no. I'm running Rifle Nade + Medic Pounch, you know, unlocks.
    Wtf, this squad don't have a medic. Sorry, I main medic, but I need shotguns kills.

    Bro, can you repair my tank? Mate, doing unlocks. Need to use the xbow.
    OK, but can you give ammo at least? No bro, I'm running the mortor.

    What's DICE achieved?
    Forcing the support classes (medic/support) to unlocks that make them to put aside the main tools and main function of the class.
    For medic unlock, you need to play other classes.



    You need repair tool to do one of the unlocks..and if im honest i don't know anyone who runs the repair tool In thier normal gameplay. I've been running without the medical crate or pouch but still carry syringe to revive...so I'm actually putting myself at a disadvantage to help team mates...not everyone is a kd Hunter.

    I always run repair tool + ammo pouches.

    One of a very small percentage I imagine. Well done though mate..it's nice to see that some people will forgo thier own selfishness for the greater good.
  • Djoenz
    614 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bigynzing wrote: »
    bigynzing wrote: »
    jrmpt wrote: »
    Assignments make dedicated team players?

    Happening in squads:
    Can I get a revive? Sorry no. I'm running Rifle Nade + Medic Pounch, you know, unlocks.
    Wtf, this squad don't have a medic. Sorry, I main medic, but I need shotguns kills.

    Bro, can you repair my tank? Mate, doing unlocks. Need to use the xbow.
    OK, but can you give ammo at least? No bro, I'm running the mortor.

    What's DICE achieved?
    Forcing the support classes (medic/support) to unlocks that make them to put aside the main tools and main function of the class.
    For medic unlock, you need to play other classes.



    You need repair tool to do one of the unlocks..and if im honest i don't know anyone who runs the repair tool In thier normal gameplay. I've been running without the medical crate or pouch but still carry syringe to revive...so I'm actually putting myself at a disadvantage to help team mates...not everyone is a kd Hunter.

    I always run repair tool + ammo pouches.

    One of a very small percentage I imagine. Well done though mate..it's nice to see that some people will forgo thier own selfishness for the greater good.

    Is it so selfish of me that I never have the repair tool on me? BTW last patch all stationary weapons will be auto restored after 2 min of being destroyed and unattended. Is it so selfish I don't really want to repair camp tankers? Loads of people will abandon the repair tool once again all this crap is over. They thought making stationary weapons broken indefinitely was a smooth move to persuade and encourage people to use the repair tool more. NOPE. They just need to make it an extra tool and boom fixed, but they refuse.
  • MUSLAMlC_RAYGUN
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I pad money for a game to just find out that the weapons are locked behind assignments, lol what a con.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!