LMG Plane Kills Counted as Mortar Kills

ElliotLH
1331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited September 14
Not sure if anybody else is having this problem so I thought I'd post it here just in case (if there's already topics discussing this just point me in the right direction).

Basically I've been working on the unlock for the MG14 Low-Weight and have run in to an annoying bug where my plane kills with an LMG are being 'counted' towards the mortar kills (they're not really being counted though as I already have 2 airburst mortar kills and that's what the tracking shows when it appears). This means that I effectively cannot complete this requirement as while I shot down my first plane with no problems this incorrect tracking has been appearing for several days now for me.

Here's a video in case I'm not making much sense:

I'm going to try contacting EA support to see if they can help so fingers crossed.

Comments

• Claypole1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I did notice that the mortar kills took a little while before they showed...
  • ElliotLH
    1331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I actually wouldn't mind that much if it was adding to them rather than reminding me how many I have hahaha.
  • Claypole1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Imagine having to take out 20 planes with an LMG?
  • ElliotLH
    edited September 14
    Blergh! No thank you! Still expecting there to be a Kolibri requirement for a weapon unlock in the future too.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've not had that, but a couple days ago (since update) i did respawn in as a Support player, got a kill and some re-supplies and had the Ranked Up notification telling me my Medic rank increased. There's a chance i was playing medic the life before and a med crate was laying around and suddenly being used but.....
  • ElliotLH
    Could be totally wrong but that's possibly the bug where you spawn as the wrong class, such as being a cavalry solider driving a tank. Definitely an interesting experience whatever happened though.
  • ElliotLH
    *UPDATE* Spoke to a lovely person at EA support who has escalated my case in the hopes that they can correct it. Fingers still firmly crossed.
  • chawktrick
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OP, did you try changing weapons and not using one of the new DLC guns? I don't know if that would matter or not, but it could be worth a try. I completed the Low Weight assignment using the MG15 n.A. Suppressive. (In general, imo, it's also a better gun to use to try and complete this assignment).
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I did mine with the Perino Low Weight so that should not be the issue. Have you finished the match. Shut down and restart your game? It definitely connected. Otherwise GL with EA Support! You deserve that count!
  • ElliotLH
    Thanks to both of you.

This has unfortunately been happening to me over the past few days and occurs no matter what gun I'm using - this was just the first time I recorded it as I wanted the video evidence for contacting support.

Done all the usual things like hard resetting and the other suggestions you both have but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I even thought it might have been because I had the mortar equipped but it's not that as I was using limpets in the video. Think I'll need to leave it in the hands of support at this point and hope for the best.
  • Decikraytor_6
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    Imagine having to take out 20 planes with an LMG?

That is the definition of hell my friend
  • HardAimedKid
    10234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You should feel lucky, the mortar kills are far worse lol
  • ElliotLH
    @HardAimedKid They sure are but regrettably it's not adding to the count for them either, it just shows 2/20 each time.

I'm just glad I don't need to do this for two accounts like you had to.
  • HardAimedKid
    10234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    @HardAimedKid They sure are but regrettably it's not adding to the count for them either, it just shows 2/20 each time.

Woah it's not going to the other challenge? Have you tried switching to another weapon to see if it fixes it? Or possibly a hard restart if you're on console?
  • Temp1st
    2244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

God i hate that airburst. Long recharge and pretty bad damage, And then realizing you have a useless mortar when a tank rolls up and you wish you had your limpet.
  • ElliotLH
    edited September 14
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Woah it's not going to the other challenge? Have you tried switching to another weapon to see if it fixes it? Or possibly a hard restart if you're on console?

No it's just shows the same thing in the counter each time. Wouldn't mind if it was adding to the other challenge tbh. I've tried it with the MG15, Perino, MG14 and the BAR over the past few days with hard resets of the Xbox thrown in for good measure. Think I've shot down 4 or 5 planes so far but only the first one counted.

Might try grinding out the mortar kills then try again while I wait to hear back from EA and see if that makes a difference.
  • HardAimedKid
    edited September 14
    Man that sucks, that'd drive me up a wall big time lol
  • ElliotLH
    It sure does dude but at least it's just the one gun so far. Unlocked the medic ones with no issue.
  • MikeManiac61
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Really? I got lucky with those, most of my kills came from spamming the D flag on Galacia. Or clustercluck parts of the map.
  • HardAimedKid
    edited September 14

Really? I got lucky with those, most of my kills came from spamming the D flag on Galacia. Or clustercluck parts of the map.

Get 40 of them and then tell me what youd rather do, 4 planes or 40 mortar kills :D