Supply Drop Feedback & More

FourSevenActual
135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited September 7
Why are there gamemodes, such as Supply Drop, which only allow 12 players/team, when squads are 5-man. Every single match has 2 people per team cant be in a full squad. Why? Why not 10-15 players per team so everyone can have a chance to get in a full squad each match?

This is a big reason why I dont enjoy the smaller game modes. Supply drop is fun but moreso if you have a full squad to play with, regardless if they are random players

Comments

• sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Don't bring that up, it's a sin on forumfield to talk about how stupid it is to to force one player to be on their own. You'll just get people asking you "why do you care?"
  • Astr0damus
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, or in this case, make squads 4 people
  • CampSauceNocs
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the mode is dead.

DICE: delete the medal and dogtag that come with it. it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a populated server and to get the medal/dogtag. except of course for those who had the dumb luck of the medal being in the random (brilliant idea.. seriously wtf?) weekly medal selection right away.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    1278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the mode is dead.

DICE: delete the medal and dogtag that come with it. it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a populated server and to get the medal/dogtag. except of course for those who had the dumb luck of the medal being in the random (brilliant idea.. seriously wtf?) weekly medal selection right away.

My medal came this week so I'm glad I've managed to unlock it. Such a bad gamemodes won't last long and I have no idea why it was made in a first place.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 14
    It's been like this on domination from the start. 15 on 15 makes more sense. When on my own, I just follow the group. Squad points suffer though.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the mode is dead.

The mode is far from dead. Lots of full games in NA
  • crabman169
    10199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the mode is dead.

Okay bro

70670ce6-0014-46f5-bd39-b510910b8eb5.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=9ntm8q6IQ2falFmWey1L6I6IJkQS8Qb%2Fq9aRbgFZq7c%3D

~

Damn op I was just coming I make a thread on it; may has well keep it to one thread.

Supply drop. Feels like a half baked idea that was passed as literally no other idea could be thought of.

It's King of the hill; nothing new or fancy.

Granted it's fun and intense but it quite often is one sides and complete steam roll (case in point)
    15eca40d-7b0e-40d8-b03c-fd7a20911711.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=xUGxzV4o9ABibfF9cfwQGFRdjg9IBpjQv6LjuizkVQM%3D

Two neutral drops before it goes towards one spawn then the other; elites kits spawn when the supply drop is captured. Best to cap 75% of it and move to the next one then cap the last 15% (score wise). It's based on who holds the drops for the longest not who 'empties' the most. Frankly it can become extremely biased really quickly. Team takes lead and first elite and gets crates drop there side. Now with three elites they spawn trap the other team and win.

Only one person needs to be on a crate to capture it and the first one to cap get resupplied by it.

One of the good things about the mode is that is used other areas of the maps opposed to tdm/Dom/wp.

Lupkow Pass uses Duff area and surrounding hillage; props the best map for supply drop as the area feels like it was made for it

Albion uses area between Apples, Charile and Butter which is 1000x better then the tdm area. Supply drops can become biased and spawn trap is more severe but still a fun map and leads for some tense matches

Galicia is the windmills, Duff trench edge to Butter riverbed stretching to the derailed train; similar to tdm area just bit more room. One horse and arty truck/Garford spawn per team. Literally game changers if used correctly. Map is severely biased towards Russians as the supply drops towards their spawn give them cover whilst leaving A-H exposed in which a winning Russia team will just stomp. A-H spawns are fine as they provide cover for both sides to approach and capture

Brusilov Keep area is Butter up to Charile with bell tower side village bein the main area. Drops land near buildings so you can cap from inside in certain spots. Kinda fair map but third supply drop is unfair for A-H as Russians can easily snipe them from their spawn without any resistance from crate capture. Horse for both sides

Tsaritsyn area is the cathedral and surrounding trench lines. Just has much as a cluster as conquest. If match is contested the deciding crate is dropped in the cathedral unlike the rest that all drop outside. Biased against White army as their spawn is visible whilst red army is covered in comparsion

Volga River area is the main ruins. If not for two horse spawns per team of write this map off entirely. Just awful and the drops are just bad. Be prepared to be sniped by chimneys.

If the mode kinda worked like Frontlines as in the supply drop is the objective and if your team captures it you move on etc; would've felt better regarding the setting and authenticy. Also having limited ammo and having the supply drop be the main resupply would've been a lot better and but more emphasis on the objective. Say you start with only one spare mag (rifles) and just the loaded magazine (smgs, lmgs) and support can only resupply you that but the supply drop could fully resupply everything

Also explosives need to be disabled for this mode. The supply drop icon turns red if the enemy is on it; bascially a early grenade indicator.

Drops need to be netural and not biased towards sides unless significantly behind (and let them cap it twice as quick)
    Having a team run 3 elites and have the game end before they can grab the fourth is just brutal. Also spawns needs serious tweaking so people can't just still there spawn camping. Brusilov keep and Lupkow would be the only two maps I don't see spawn traps often enough to warrant and issue also certain sides are more prone to spawn traps

I dunno feels like a lot of missed potential. I'm enjoying it but it seriously feels like a Skeleton of what it could be
  • FourSevenActual
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @crabman169 wow, well first off thnx for the feedback (lord knows we can use it (hopefully DICE does read the forums. i personally didnt read all of it yet (have a bad memory so i post as i go- ANYWAY...- )
    SUPPLY DROP in MY opinion is good, very exciting especially with teammates communicating. But if its just a bunch of randoms like it has been in these Early 2 Weeks (premium), obviously ur experience wont be as good. But despite me playing only on xbox one and keeping in mind how limited console communication is, i still support the game mode. I think it definitely could have been better if the creators put more time into it, its logical the spawning needs to be rethought, maybe even the concept of the mode... but before we start begging for changes to a new mode/content lets see what its like in the base game's content... The Tsar maps didnt really seem to be built for Supply Drop in my opinion. And with the upcoming changes to the gameplay itself it cant really be fully judged yet.

But this post was regarding the illigical team sizes for the smaller modes particularly, where every player counts and every spawn distance could count. If the modes were redesigned for/with 20v20, the modes would surely be more populated across each platform.
  • olavafar
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @crabman169 Your best post so far, my compliments!

I agree fully, it's fairly fun (but also frustrating). Could have been better but it is always easier to be critical afterwards and taste differs but some maps are favoring one side, no doubt about that. My favorite feature about the mode is that it is really not over until it is. As you get 0 points if you have no drop, you can turn the game at any point and I have seen some amazing turns. Here I think the elites has a place as a reward of the final capture whereas I think they should be removed from Domination which is very similar to this mode.

...and I agree,15 vs 15 would make more sense than 12 vs 12. Personally I mostly play the non conquest modes as loner as I play these modes when my platoon is not on-line so it does not really affect me but still.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    the mode is dead.

Okay bro

70670ce6-0014-46f5-bd39-b510910b8eb5.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=9ntm8q6IQ2falFmWey1L6I6IJkQS8Qb%2Fq9aRbgFZq7c%3D

~

Damn op I was just coming I make a thread on it; may has well keep it to one thread.

Supply drop. Feels like a half baked idea that was passed as literally no other idea could be thought of.

It's King of the hill; nothing new or fancy.

Granted it's fun and intense but it quite often is one sides and complete steam roll (case in point)
    15eca40d-7b0e-40d8-b03c-fd7a20911711.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=xUGxzV4o9ABibfF9cfwQGFRdjg9IBpjQv6LjuizkVQM%3D

Two neutral drops before it goes towards one spawn then the other; elites kits spawn when the supply drop is captured. Best to cap 75% of it and move to the next one then cap the last 15% (score wise). It's based on who holds the drops for the longest not who 'empties' the most. Frankly it can become extremely biased really quickly. Team takes lead and first elite and gets crates drop there side. Now with three elites they spawn trap the other team and win.

Only one person needs to be on a crate to capture it and the first one to cap get resupplied by it.

One of the good things about the mode is that is used other areas of the maps opposed to tdm/Dom/wp.

Lupkow Pass uses Duff area and surrounding hillage; props the best map for supply drop as the area feels like it was made for it

Albion uses area between Apples, Charile and Butter which is 1000x better then the tdm area. Supply drops can become biased and spawn trap is more severe but still a fun map and leads for some tense matches

Galicia is the windmills, Duff trench edge to Butter riverbed stretching to the derailed train; similar to tdm area just bit more room. One horse and arty truck/Garford spawn per team. Literally game changers if used correctly. Map is severely biased towards Russians as the supply drops towards their spawn give them cover whilst leaving A-H exposed in which a winning Russia team will just stomp. A-H spawns are fine as they provide cover for both sides to approach and capture

Brusilov Keep area is Butter up to Charile with bell tower side village bein the main area. Drops land near buildings so you can cap from inside in certain spots. Kinda fair map but third supply drop is unfair for A-H as Russians can easily snipe them from their spawn without any resistance from crate capture. Horse for both sides

Tsaritsyn area is the cathedral and surrounding trench lines. Just has much as a cluster as conquest. If match is contested the deciding crate is dropped in the cathedral unlike the rest that all drop outside. Biased against White army as their spawn is visible whilst red army is covered in comparsion

Volga River area is the main ruins. If not for two horse spawns per team of write this map off entirely. Just awful and the drops are just bad. Be prepared to be sniped by chimneys.

If the mode kinda worked like Frontlines as in the supply drop is the objective and if your team captures it you move on etc; would've felt better regarding the setting and authenticy. Also having limited ammo and having the supply drop be the main resupply would've been a lot better and but more emphasis on the objective. Say you start with only one spare mag (rifles) and just the loaded magazine (smgs, lmgs) and support can only resupply you that but the supply drop could fully resupply everything

Also explosives need to be disabled for this mode. The supply drop icon turns red if the enemy is on it; bascially a early grenade indicator.

Drops need to be netural and not biased towards sides unless significantly behind (and let them cap it twice as quick)
    Having a team run 3 elites and have the game end before they can grab the fourth is just brutal. Also spawns needs serious tweaking so people can't just still there spawn camping. Brusilov keep and Lupkow would be the only two maps I don't see spawn traps often enough to warrant and issue also certain sides are more prone to spawn traps

I dunno feels like a lot of missed potential. I'm enjoying it but it seriously feels like a Skeleton of what it could be

Points for the thorough and fair post.
    I agree with just about everything.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its not too bad a gamemode, but the lack of balance does lead to one-sided matches. I'll also agree that explosives are far too powerful here, although this mode should help you get those Mortar Airburst kills.

In comparison, Frontlines is a masterpiece. Its a bit of a favourite in this game, so it was somewhat disappointing that DICE couldn't create another instant-classic gamemode.
  • ghost_blackrose
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I find the supply drop game mode extremely boring. On the other hand I love war pigeons.

In supply drop everyone runs to the supply drop and stands around fake stabbing each other (like the first flag at conquest). Occasionally there is some run ins with the enemy, but i find i spend most of the game sitting at the supply drops. Nothing to do. Yes i kill enemies when they come charging in, but with the standing "supply" it is boring.

And there is the typical mortars come raining down on the bulls-eye on the mini-map. Yes, i know to run out of the way for the 4 count of mortars, then back to the supply - but the game mode is the most predictable do nothing mode. Nothing to induce movement or activity.
  • MurfCr
    626 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have noticed that both teams will play for the drops and it will be a close game. Then you will get the players that think its team death match and run around trying to snipe from OOB line. I played a game yesterday that had 5 snipers and 1 guy in an arti truck hanging back by the spawn. Needless to say we got creamed.